who counts

Thursday, August 19, 2010

The not peanut butter sammy

I just lately encounter the marvelous almond butter in my life.
It is creamy, oily, smooth and comes in a nice tall jar of deliciousness. So I made my very own first Almond butter and jelly sandwich. And I had to share it....
Unbelievable how your toddler demands and you just follow his instructions. He says up up up, meaning more more more... and there my sandwich goes.... away from my papilla gustatory....
No problem I made another one when he was napping and enjoyed it very much...
The issue now is that I'm an addict. I need ABJA ( almond butter jelly anonymous) asap.
Later I'm trying almond butter sauce on pork chops.... It will be a blast, some shallots and fresh tarragon.....just out of this world. Sauté the 1/2" pork chops for 4 minutes on each side (on medium low), remove from the pan, sauté the shallots and scrub all the goodness from the pan, add some white whine, the one you are already drinking while cooking this, and slowly poor the 2 spoons full of Perfect balanced pure, natural, organic and sodium free Almond butter. mixed it well until smooth and put the chops back on.
Do not let it burn, so keep the heat to minimum... Sprinkle tarragon and serve with nice rice!

Have fun with food!

No comments: